View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:55 AM   #866
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: 60-66 Chevy And GMC 4X4's Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61K10 View Post
Blue tk is very nice but--they sure used a lot of armor all on it. no bolts in the rad hold down and they left the shifter knob un-restored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Yeah, there's a lot of little things wrong or missing. No support bracket for the heater core tubes, no windshield washer reservoir, the voltage regulator is mounted to the inner fender instead of the radiator support, the horn is not mounted correctly, plus the wrong inner fenders as 60-66 mentioned.
I noticed the rad support bolts too, the rad support is probably off the 60-61 just like the inner fenders, this would account for the misplaced horn, regulator, and no w/s reservoir.
I am using a 61 rad support in my crew cab, and these are all things that I have to address to get it to work with 66 components.

60-61 the rad bolted to the side of the support, which is why there are no bolts in the 66 part of the support, also the 60-61 had a generator system, and a different size voltage regulator which mounts different, which is probably why it is on the inner fender. on my 61 the washer reservoir is on the firewall, all my later trucks have it on the front left by the horn.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote