Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #1021
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
I usually use maroon or grey Scotchbrite - but anything fine textured will work. As long as any rust has been removed and/or treated, a low gloss black will look correct. Powder coating IS tougher, though. I wouldn't worry too much about blast media stretching them. On a compound curved surface like inner fenders, they'd have to really work at it to deform them. You're more likely to have problems on flat or low crown panels.
Thanks Vic! Not sure of any other places that do body blasting so i'm thinking I'm gonna paint, i talked to the paint shop and i bought some black that's suppose to be real durable and gas resistant, cant recall the name off hand. But, I'll give Google a scan and see if there is any other places local that do powder coat and check them out out before i head into this venture.

I got the single stage back from the paint place today also, they added some yellow pigment to it and documented it on my mix lable for future reference. I sprayed a final coat on the inside of the fender, I'm sure its not perfect but it should be better than what i had before.

I also noted my air flow has diminished so i need a new exhaust filter and will consider installing that second fan.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote