View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #572
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

I received all of my various fittings and fuel line from Summit Racing. The idea will be to run the black mesh/rubber hose from the fuel tank up the inside of the notch to the fuel filter. From the filter forward I will go with steel gas line and then back to rubber hose from the frame rail to the fuel rail. All fittings will be black. I purposely mounted the compressor on the passenger side a little higher to provide space for a fuel line to run under it. There is more room under it than it looks in the picture.

I can't say enough good things about the Summit hose and fittings. I have used braided SS hose before and I will never use that stuff again. It was a pain to get the hose inside the fittings and I always stuck myself with metal barbs. The stuff from Summit is not cheap (Russell makes a cheaper version blk and blue in color) but I wanted to use Summit hose with Summit fittings. I also did not but any special tools or claps to join the hose and fittings. I did use (2) line wrenches to no mark up the fittings and it went smooth.

A lot of you might be thinking "why is he screwing with fuel delivery at this point". My idea is to try to get major systems complete and checked off. Fuel delivery was one that was easy to complete.

Tomorrow I will purchase one of the last pieces to complete my air suspension. I will be ordering my Accuair valve body.

On my 48 truck I did a poor job of completing all of the fitment of everything prior to paint. Wayne (Parkwood) suggested to me long ago this was the way he does all of his builds. It was great advise. I really like the idea of doing all of this work prior to the frame being painted.

Here are some pics.

Marc
Attached Images

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote