View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #16
my86lb

Question Re: My first truck. 1985 GMC C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach079xxx View Post
Here she is after the 3" level and 33s bolted up! She looks like a K10 not a C10 haha oh well, I was going for looks not usage, this truck will never see mud or salt in the winter!

Here is my baby sitting beside my friends 82' F150 4WD also on 33s and leveled! Paint scheme is similar, we call them twins!

Went to the junkyard one day, found an old 350 emblem in another c10 grill, got that cleaned it up and slapped some paint on, bolted on behind the grille with the help of some washers, and done! I am very happy with the look, its the little details that change it.

And finally last night, I installed a class III Reese hitch! Boy was that fun.. not. Really happy with the outcome, putting to use this weekend, hauling a load of mulch. My bed will never see dirt / rock haha. Previous owner said 1 ton springs are installed in the back so we'll see how it sits.

Last but not least, I have a Chevy air cleaner and matching valve covers. Those along with a thumper cam will hopefully be installed before the end of the year! So I'm really excited about that also. Might need some tranny work done soon, forward gears seem to be ok, fluid is fine also, but reverse acts like it slips and doesn't wanna go unless you give it more than what is usually need gas, to get it moving. We shall see, any info would be greatly appreciated! Also my gauges are pegged beyond max, volts, coolant, and oil! Can't seem to find the problem, I know its a ground probably so a 3 gauge cluster is coming soon.. :/ Thanks for viewing my build thread!
bad ass truck!!! do u happen to know the backspacing on your 15x10 trying to replicate the look.
my86lb is offline   Reply With Quote