View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #154
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

It’s been a while since I’ve had time to work on the truck. I’ve been redoing some of my deck, poured a concrete pad for a hot tub, got all that installed, plus all the other spring time home owner responsibilities.

Recently I did manage to finalize my running boards and a get my rear bumper mounted. On the running boards I had not yet fully welded the support frame (see previous post) so I pulled them back off and got that finished up. This was a lesson learned in the past; only tack your stuff together until you know you’re done fitting.

The rear bumper mount was fairly simple. The brackets just happen to line up with the center of the frame. I cut a couple chunks of metal out, drilled some holes, mocked it in place, tacked it, checked it, and welded it up. I should round off the brackets to give them a cleaner look. My plans were to add a third bold to the front of the brackets but those rear bumper brackets are a ***** to drill through, kind of like trying to drill through a leaf spring, probably a similar material. For the bumper position, I decided to mount it higher and closer to the truck; it’s at a position more like a roll pan.