View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #164
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

I’ve been doing some misc. stuff on the truck this past week, things that don’t really get it on the road quicker but some items I’ve wanted to tackle. One of them was dealing with all the freak’n holes in the firewall. I wish I had taken the time to patch them up and at least shoot some primer over them when I had the truck apart but I didn’t so, here’s my solution for at least now, or permanently, not sure yet. Only time will tell if the vinyl holds up to the heat under the hood.

I made some patterns out of poster board, I always thought poster board was thicker but that’s what they called it at Hobby Lobby, it’s a thick paper kind of like a manila folder. I used hardboard from Home Depot as the backer. It’s held on the fire wall with some t-nuts from Westlake Ace Hardware, covered in vinyl I picked up at Jo-Ann’s fabric, with staples I had to go pick up on a separate trip to Home Depot. Oh, and the adhesive that I used to glue to the foam to the vinyl was DAP from Home Depot though I remembered to pick that up when I was getting the hard board. Did I mention that I f’d up on the second piece and stapled the material to the wrong side of the board. I was half way through it and already had most of it trimmed so I couldn’t flip it around, thus accounting for a second trip to Jo-Ann’s.

I’ll fill some of the remaining holes with plastic plugs or make use of them for wiring.

Some pics…

Last edited by HUSSEY; 07-07-2016 at 01:30 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote