View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #2177
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

All the best laid plans of men and mice.......

Started at 07.00 with forum catch up and brekkie, then by 08.00 the machines started to work, I try respect people's sleep till 08.00

Loads of rain and sunshine along with massive and long hedges, plus neighbours who wait for me to cut first as thy know I cut tops and over onto their sides, saw me start with these.

Looking up halfway, including down side of garage.

Halfway.

Finished in more ways than one. Knackered as I really burned this non stop today.

Was chatting to Craig after caulking the garage wall cracks and decided to have a shower and shoot over to his place 60 miles away. Perfect antidote to being tired and blowing the cobwebs out a bit.

Packed up some stuff for his garage including some really neat extension plug units.

Got to his place by 4.30 and he already had the fire going, just so we could cook a few snacks.

I had really hoped to hear and smell and feel the Chevy run, but unfortunately, the spark plug leads were next door at Joes place, on this van........

And yes, it runs too, smoothly, despite outer appearances.
Craig is really fortunate to have a petrol head for a neighbour.

As before, I had company, pretty privileged.

There was a load of other food as well, prepared by Lorraine....... But meat is always central.

I left at 8.30 after desert and a drink, desert was fresh sweet strawberries from the garden and proper ice cream.

Got Ho e to find this view over my shoulder when I got of the bike to open the gate.

Yup, not got it all done as planned, but it was a great day.

Thanks for checking in.

In other news........

Dennis bought a new truck.

Yes, never one to do things by half measure.

This is a one owner Ohio grain truck from Toledo.

You know the NASCAR 66 C10 he is building......

So why not build a period correct race car transporter?

GMC anyone?

All I will say is that it was for the price of a cheap Halfords bicycle. Then of course you have to add in the 16 hour round trip to go fetch it.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote