View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #2181
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Good bootfair for Nicola, I only found a new, unused grease gun for £1.00 that Martin may be needing as he does not have one as far as I know, and these truck always need a bit of greasing up.

Pic taken for our American and non English brothers.

Bootfair mobile butcher. You will never buy meat by volume at the prices these guys sell for. This is so British.

So after bootfair we came home, Nicola spent the day packing sorting etc.

I went to the garage.

HARLEY....... My hero. She was sitting down by the garage waiting for me to get down there and get started, so when I tried to take a photo of her sitting there, typically cat, she got up and came charging up the garden path squeaking as she always does......

Anyway, I got on with the cutting in of the paint with my faithful 2" brush, getting all the nooks and crannies sorted.

Carrying on with the brush, thanks to Mickey next door having bought the wrong colour paint a couple of years ago, I ended up with 5 litres of exterior paint at my favourite price of Free.
I have also "employed" Mickey to re-lay some of my paving in front of the garage that has subsided since being laid 5 years ago as sometimes the time vs effort equation just does not balance.

Carried on with the cutting in.

Then a sandwich lunch and a FaceTime call from Ta2Don in Arkansas, going for a drive with him through Searcy...... Gotta love technology

He also sent me some photos on Whatsapp of a rather gorgeous car we had seen while he was on the way.

At one point she had made herself comfortable on a perch I usually make for her on the bikes top box, thought it was typically her and managed to get a pic of my supervisor and companion.

Eventually got that all done.........

Been told I am crazy as I did it all with my 2" brush as I did not want to waste a fresh roller on such a small job once the cutting in was done.

I am very pleased, only problem is that I now have to paint the house to match some time.

After packing up and clearing everything up, I realised there was another small job.......

Look at the final pic above, look at the peak of the roof, it's flat.... The first crest tile was blown off some time ago.

Now to be replaced by a pretty cool Griffn roof finial. Bought years ago, tonight I screwed some flat bar to the underside and then welded some rebar to it to be embedded into the cement that will be used to replace the missing tile.

Very happy with it.

And the other thing, now the painting and cleaning is done.........

My mate Ashley made me this 1.5 meter or 5' wide Chevy chevron a while back, so tonight I pulled it out of storage......

Guess what next.....??

That was the week end then.

All gone.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote