Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #4347
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeramy View Post
3m 08001. comes in a tube like rtv silicone. is yellow and slimy looking but once sticks is stuck. commonly referred to as gorilla snot around my area.

they also make it in black if you don't want yellow part number 08008
thank's bud, I did see that one at Pep Boys, but I didn't get it cause I didn't know if the black was the same strength as the yellow (you never know with these things) or how much I would actually need to do both sides of the cab

anywho, it is worth noting that the yellow stuff (part # 08002) comes in a 2 oz tube and costs about the same as the black stuff which comes in a 1 oz tube (part # 03602)

also notice all the ways on the right Permatex got in the game too with their Super Weatherstrip Adhesive looks like its about half the cost of the 3M (pronounced: stay away from it, cause I bet its half as good)

now I aint splitting hairs here folks I am just trying to give you a report from the field, as it is a jungle out there, so wear a hat and sun block, hee hee and don't jump in the pool until 2 hours after you ate (any of youz old enuff to recall that nonsense) any of you still tell yer kidz that, ha ha
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote