View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #25
nickvig

Re: I guess I need a reality check!!

Whatever the market will bear. If you think your truck is worth $15k and want $13.5k then I would just wait for someone to come along who thinks it's worth what you're asking and then sell it. Is it going to sell quickly at that price? Probably not. But if you're not in a rush then don't worry about it. If I were a buyer and had $10k to spend but could stretch to $13k I might be interested. Honestly if you want to sell quickly I'd drop the price to $13.5k and just stay firm.

The way I look at the market is two-fold. There's the modders and the OEM guys. Modders want a truck with a LS1 swap, vintage air, 5/7 drop, torque thrusts, and fresh paint. OEM guys will spend more for a truck that is stock so they can keep it stock or make it the way they want to. You're kind of in the middle because you're missing some of the things that a modder might want and you really don't have enough original parts on the truck for an OEM guy to be interested. So you need to appeal to the guys who don't care about originality and want an old truck with fresh parts they can drive with no issues. It might be worth it to throw in a Vintage Air system and price it at $15k firm.
nickvig is offline   Reply With Quote