View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 12:11 AM   #25
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 454 blown intake gasket? Just add Diesel!

update: speed signal works! GM wire diagrams are hard to navigate from year to year, but I found what I was looking for and got everything cobbled together. not my finest, but it works. I didn't pull and swap wires just so I would have something to reference just in case I lose the info on how I got it to work. if you look at the top of the first picture you can see 3 splices that go across the dash to the connector in the second picture. this would now be the signal input for fuel level, water temp, and oil pressure. toward the bottom of the first picture you can see two more splices into a twisted pair. this would be the output shaft speed signal, connected now to what would have been gauge wiring for 98 models. and... if you look in the back ground, you can see a BBQ issue needing adressed... later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work on that exhaust! How can they make you add a soot trap to an engine that was never designed with one? Are you calling a catalytic converter a soot trap? I wouldn't be surprised if CA does try something like this but from what I've read and know they will just not allow the vehicle to be registered if it can not pass a sniff test and smoke test. But those laws/regulations seem to be constantly changing out there.
believe it or not, CA is actually more lenient on 97 and down diesels than CO. we'll find out what I need to pass emissions. and GM was ahead of the game when it came to choking diesels. in 96 they introduced a soot trap in the exhaust, easily mistaken for a catalytic converter. on the 1/2 ton diesels they also had back pressure fed egr, sans cooler, and it should have been taken as a warning to all that egr just kills diesels.

for some reason, my pictures did not rotate right......
Attached Images

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote