Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #4392
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Once you have a perfect A/F ratio you should never need the wideband again and this is what I was referring to.

A perfect A/F ratio means everything is dialed in and unless you may a weird change it should stay that way or relatively close for a long time.
I hear you bro but I must once again vehemently (big word alert) disagree, you see a modern day vehicle with Throttle Body ie fuel injection makes thousandths of calculations and adjustments a second in order to have / maintain that "perfect" air fuel ratio

our carburated trucks don't have no computer so they don't adjust much as we drive them, they don't know weather its 50° F when we start them to drive to work or a 105° F they don't know if we is towin' or haulin or are alone in the truck or with 2 of our fat buddies

so our trucks do need constant adjustments, I think you are focusing on the Idle circuit too much, I am thinking of the entire big picture, WOT - Wide Open Throttle, Part Throttle, cruising, but we'll get to all that, stay [ahem] tuned

and I have started a separate thread for all this to get even more geekier with it for those of you who want to follow along

INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio etc
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote