View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #2230
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Great update ,you will be back to normal soon .
Thank you matey.

Looking forward to that.

So where to start?

Firstly, this is not a romance.....got it?

Anyway, a few weeks ago, maybe 6, I followed Nicola's advice and registered on a dating website (we met on one) as she had been on there for some time and met some weirdos and a couple of nice guys.
Anyway, I met two nice but no prospect, girls for coffee from there.
Then one night, bored I was looking through there and noticed one girl had looked at my profile and saved me to her "favourites"
I looked at her profile, and liked what I saw....... Someone normal.
Anyway, wrote a long email and then checked where she lived again, seems that there was one vowel difference......... The "I" and "O" but it made the difference between 15 miles and 50 miles.
Still, being tight, and thinking she was nice based on profile, I sent the message, she replied, I replied...... That was the 4th August.
So despite the distance we carried on chatting and she liked what she saw, we switched to Whatsapp, then voice call and eventually FaceTime.
So far so goo, she seemed just lovely, made me laugh out loudly, and made me look for stuff to amuse her with.
We decided to meet up for a picnic 10 days later, this turned out to be a 7 hr picnic. Just lovely. After 3 years of being lonely in a one sided relationship and marriage, it was just so nice and refreshing.
This weekend was a long weekend in England, so I saw her on Saturday afternoon/evening for dinner and then Sunday afternoon I picked her up at her home and we went over to Leatherhead to CraigRK for a BBQ and I had her home and dropped off safely by 9.30pm and left her place for my home by 10.00pm and home by 11.00pm and sleeping by 11.15pm

The great thing about this friendship with Katy is that she also works in healthcare, like me. Has had a hard life for a long time and has turned out two extremely nice, successful daughters who are almost off on their own on new jobs and uni. So a person I can respect.

So meet Katy, a normal and super nice human being.

We went for a walk to the Medway river and Rochester Marina, rewarded with a great sunset.

And just to prove it was not just some random photo of Google Images..... And not photoshopped.

Together.

Anyway, Sunday I took some bits n bobs to Craig and was rewarded with this upright compressor that managed to lose all its oil in my cars boot.

Need to find out more about it.

Today I responded to a Freebie ad for some innertia reel seat belts on VZI and went to fetch them.

When I got there it turned out Dave is an Australian....... And when you put them and South Africans together, the result can only be a quick 4 hr chat over a beer.

Anyway, I met him, his wife, two super nice cats and a pair of bunnies.

I suspect this is the start of another great friendship after one visit.

The seat belts are for the truck, to replace the seat belts that are fitted currently.

While I was there, Dave also gave me some solar powered cats eyes for the driveway at home, for when I reverse down there.

Lastly, the reason I went there........

Seat belts for the truck.

And so came to an end my weekend.

It was certainly great, filled with friends, and new friends.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote