View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #7
p4p1

Re: p4ps daily driver project

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg285 View Post
years back i had to fly to montego bay to fix a motorhome that was used as a mobile recording studio for a reggae concert. there was NOTHING there in the way of auto parts. even food was scarce unless you could stomach that stinky goat meat cooked by side of the road vendors. plenty of rum and warm red stripe. things must have changed if you are able to restore a vehicle.
It's definitely changed as there seems to be an auto parts store on every corner, though they're mostly Japanese stuff. There is a classic car club here which is how I ended up getting the car but as for parts I'll most likely be buying them myself getting them sent to Florida and then taking them in suitcases or posting them myself to avoid the ****ing ludicrous tax here on imported stuff which ends up being an extra 43% of the price and shipping.

There's still street vendors but the jerked chicken I got from the there was amazing and now they keep the red stripe cold.

It'll be an interesting process though as a huge part of it will be getting the parts here without having to pay the taxes.
p4p1 is offline   Reply With Quote