View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #186
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

^^^^^
I did not make up any drawings of the running board frame. Because of the subtle differences that may exist, I think you'd be more satisfied building them to fit.

My suggestion is to first cut the short 1x1.5 in. pieces that bolt to the running board, get them drilled and mounted on the board. Then lay the long 1x1.5 piece on the board, make your marks on your smaller mount pieces then notch them out and weld those to the longer piece that runs the length of the board. One item to note is try to make that notch as tight as possible or else they will warp when welding them on.

Following that cut your 1.5x3 in. piece that bolts to the frame. From the pics you can get an idea of how tall they are. From the pics you can also get an idea of about where they mount vertically and horizontally along the frame. I would suggest drilling some elongated holes in them so you can can move them up and down a little to fine tune their height.

I would suggest cutting the piece that connect the running board to the frame mounts a little long. Fit them up and identify where they mount to the running board frame, weld that up, then you can fit them up to the frame mount.

I had installed a new cab to running boar rubber filler piece before mocking up my running boards. I think doing this made it easier getting them aligned and mocked up.

Good luck and happy building!