View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #2283
70custom20

Re: 1972 Chevy 4wd Longhorn Project: Never Ending Changes

I have yet to read through most of this thread, I did read some of the last ten pages or so. I read most of ryanroo's thread, and I'm about a quarter of the way through Mosesburb's. I'm really starting to think about a 12V swap into my '69 K20. I need to gather more information about the subject before I would commit. I've been threatening to pull my truck apart for some time now, as I would like to start updating certain things on it. The main purpose for the truck is a part time driver and a part time tow rig. I pull an enclosed car trailer with it once in a blue moon, mostly for the fact that I tow the trailer with an '06 F-350 powerstroke. Anyway, the things that I feel that would make my truck a better tow rig would be either a 60, or 64" rear spring swap, longer front springs (although maybe not the 52's) either the square Chevy 47", or possibly the first gen dodge (I think they had a 48" spring). The Dana 60 big disc brake conversion/hydroboost. Air conditioning. I have an NV4500 and a round pattern 205 TC so far. I called about a 12V Cummins a guy had listed in a local CL ad and he's asking $2K for it. The engine is out of a '94 dodge, with relatively low miles I believe. Anyway, sorry to hi-Jack the thread, just looking for input. Thanks guys, Kurt
70custom20 is offline   Reply With Quote