View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #14
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

With the new front bumper horns made, I decided to smooth out the front bumper bolts by shaving them off the face and welding and grinding them smooth. That was alot of work for a rank amateur. I also made up a pair of mounting plates for the new turn signals to fasten to the top of the bumper. When I bought the truck the previous owner had the turn signals mounted up inside behind the front grille. Now I not the smartest person in the world but that just made no sense. How the hell do you change the bulbs when one blows?
[/URL]
Speaking og the front grille..............I got that cleaned up and painted. I know, I know, it would have looked alot better chrome but I didn't feel like popping for about $1000 to have it re-finished. Plus then I would of had to of had the bumpers chromed. NOT HAPPENING!!!!! Actually I thing the truck will look good with a white grille when it comes together with the rest of my plan for the truck.
[/URL
Got my front inards painted and hung as well.I am kind of stuck on how I am going to mount the electric fan. I know I can just use those half assed zippy ties through the radiator. But I am trying to figure out a cleaner bracket system. May just give up and use the zippys
[/URL]
Also got my train horns re-installed. It's amazing I am actually starting to be able to walk around my garage without stepping all over parts laying on the floor! And yes I know the plug wires look like hell. I am trying to think of a nicer loom.
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote