View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #113
nitrosport_5

Re: 1972 K20 "Diamond in the Rough"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
So I'm seeing a front steering stabilizer, Got 3 questions for ya, are the brackets for the front cross member home made? stock cross member? and is that a 2" lift kit? Thanks and congrats on a great looking truck!

not sure if the brackets are home made or not, they were on the truck when i bought it. if you havent seen that style before they may be home made. this truck was built in the 90s originly by a guy who used to lift trucks and put big blocks in them. it had all the chrome you see now, plus a set of chrome custom made traction bars. so i wouldnt be suprised if the stabilizer mounts are home made too. and by crossmember do you mean the front tierod? i couldnt tell you on that either, not sure what a stock one should look like. i can take more pictures.

the lift is a 4" with 35" tires. front springs are ranchos from back in the day and the rears are tuff country i think? somthing like that, had broken stock springs and blocks/traction bars originally so i just went with lift springs from summit

thanks for the comments everyone. ive got 80 miles on it now. i cant believe how much this truck has changed. the overdrive make this trucks driveability 1000x better. atill have alot of little things to finish up, but i needed to get some seat time before they start putting the deicer on the roads
nitrosport_5 is offline   Reply With Quote