View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 01:24 AM   #53
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

I've been at it every chance I got over the last couple of weeks so time for an update. After getting the engine and trans placed and the mounts clamped in place I cut out the factory dash to firewall brace and test fit the CPP firewall mount brake bracket and pedal. I first drilled two of the holes for the bracket based on the directions and found that the bracket was about an inch too high. So I threw the directions away and redrilled based on test fitting the factory e-brake setup and dash holes and everything fit perfect. I still have to drill for the brake booster boot and shaft but Ill save that for later.

Next I was on to filling all of the unneeded holes in the firewall and floor. There were about 50 in all. Wow, that was a lot of work.

It sure is nice having family to help but trusting my 15 year old nephew, my 16 year old son, and one of his 17 year old friends to help me flip the cab up on its back sure is nerve racking, but we made it happen with no damage

Hung plastic to section off half of the garage and now it on to the long slow process of sandblasting. I just hope I don't uncover too many more hidden problems. At this point I know I still have to fix some thin spots on the lower cowl and do some finish welding on the bottom for the step that I replaced.

Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote