View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 12:41 AM   #268
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Prior to the long weekend at the lake I did a "tuning" run out to Buelah about 30 minutes west of my place. Got to get a little dirty in the park up there..

I got a little mini project completed too. I've got the tach I used on the 75, but the face is getting faded and I'm just not feeling the look. I wanted a factory tach, but the electric speedo makes it a expensive prospect. Even the aftermarket "factory" tach with small fuel gauge in the bottom would require some surgery to the housing and creative wiring. So a thought came in my mind, why not put a new face on my old Sun tach and make it look like what could have been a GM accessory back in the day?

So with the help of a Member on CK5 that does all kinds of graphics/decals/signs, ect we made a gauge overlay in the same style as the stock gauges. Here's the look:

Finished product reassembled.

I had to measure everything out and figure out the layout of the numbers. The look came out good.

Heading out for a day trip tomorrow to catch some fall color in the moutains. Going over Medano pass and dropping into the backside of the Great Sand Dunes national park. Probably be the only chebby amongst a Cummins Dodge, Heep and vintage land cruiser. Should be an eclectic group for sure. Can't wait..
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote