View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #467
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Yes, I am a believer also based on his threads. The more I read the more I think I can lol. Gotta start somewhere. I think I'll buy a welder.

Good work.
Thanks, man! I have zero professional training in this arena. Honestly, I just read a lot then get after it. I've learned by borrowing from the knowledge shared here (and some other websites ). Check out posts by ebfabman, rokcrln, jaros44sr, lks dcvn, and a bunch of other great fabricators I've forgotten to mention. Hobart handler 140 is a great little welder, but if you're on a budget, the Eastwood 110v mig I'm using is working out pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
This is such a cool build!! subscribed to see the finished product!!
Thanks--doing these repairs has renewed my interest in the Blazer as well. With the C10 getting a PBDM and NL coilover setup, I'll have a bunch of 2wd parts just laying around looking for a home... You may be in for a long ride if you're looking for a finished product--I don't think they're ever finished...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 10-05-2016 at 12:47 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote