View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #2295
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Enjoy bud, catch up when you can...but ENJOY first!
Thanks Bill

Insomnia helps me get caught up.

QUICK N DIRTY ENTRY.

READY??

Have slept 10hrs the last three days. Woke at 03.00 again this morning.

Dennis the insomniac was up as well. The result of a well spent youth.

So yesterday morning after we got up and had coffee, Dennis and I along with the dogs went for a drive around his property and the new land he and his son had bought.

Sunrise is always a good time to see and hear stuff you normally don't.

This is deer country.

One of many hides and assisted by technology in various motion detected cameras, Dennis and his neighbours manage to keep an eye on their game.

The game sausage I have eaten so far is just awesome.

Back on the property one more thing I loved.

How many kids have a NASCAR tire swing in a tree??

Back home, do you remember this truck Dennis brought home?

Waiting its turn.

Quick tour of the yards beaters.

Ex Police spec Ford Crown Victoria that Rogers mum who drove to age 95 had before Roger gave it to Dennis' son Adam who races the Sprint cars.

136k miles only now. Has only used oil in last 4 years and new tyres.

Adams 2014 Chevy truck we used yesterday.

What a truck. I do need one in my life.

He is trading it on a new one next week.

Lastly, Dennis' favourite Banger.

Bought for $1000 three years ago with 75k miles on the clock, now on 93k miles. Its his second one. The last one, a 1998 model Debbie bought new, in which he did 285k miles on and never even changed the oil or plugs on it. Only tyres and starter plus a battery and two fanbelts over its life of about 16 years. Dennis then donated it to a charity demolition derby but got $200 and an antique streetlight for it.

Comfy sofa with a V8 motor is how I would describe it.

Once we were done at the house, we left for the most mind blowing day I had yet. After breakfast at Pete's Restaurant in Wentzville which is known as "The Crossroads of America" due to Highway 40 and Highway 70 crossing there.

Old skool breakfast with orders taken, called through and delivered at your table or car outside on a window tray.

Bottomless coffee served with a smile.

Pete has owned and run the restaurant since 1966
It used to be an A&W restaurant until he gave up the franchise.

05.45 here in St Louis now. Time for coffee, shower and then hit the road for Thomas and Chris' place in Philo, Illinois.

Breakfast will be at Pocahontas, Illinois at a roadside restaurant, in case anyone wants to join us.

Google Task: Gretchen Wilson check her out to broaden your general knowlege. Its her home town.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote