View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #2299
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Part 1

NASCAR TRUCK RACING SHOP UPDATE.

The team is Owned and run by Mike Miittler of www.mittlerbros.com who makes a wide range of American made machines and tools (Go look at the website) He has about 12 trucks that are built for various tracks etc.

Situated in a small shop in Foristell, Missouri its a bunch of magicians making magic.

I will not pretend to know anything about the way teams are run. So its a bunch of pics and a few comments.

Hope you enjoy.

Greeted by Kindel who is one of the long serving members, knowing his way around the shop and a great host, he showed me around enthusiastically, encouraging me to look, touch, ask questions and take pics.

So you can thank him for these pics.

Currently being rebuilt is this truck that was thrown into the wall at well over 100 mph by a guest Japanese driver at one of the tracks, the safety technology used these days is enduring drivers mostly walk away with not even a headache. But what would you expect from a carbon fiber race seat valued at $10 000 ?

Business end.

It is all very snug.

Front tyres.

Can you say Girth? Can for size perspective.
Interesting wear patern.

358 cubic inches of enthusiastic V8

Power: 700 horses.

Horses turning into angry Lions when they exit here.

You will see the air dams are all differently set up for different tracks, note the difference in supports as well.

Race trailer is a fully kitted workshop that carries two trucks plus all the stuff needed to do a race. One truck is a spare in case thevfirst gets bent.

This trailer belonged to Richard Petty "The King" before Mike bought it for his team.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote