View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 05:31 PM   #160
tlorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tr33337 View Post
Well, Im kinda bummed today.

I'm going to have to come up with a different radiator set up. I jumped the gun a couple years ago and bought a 65 Mustang radiator. Mocked it all up and it was going to work ok for me.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I decided to go with a serpentine setup so I've invested a few hours, some cash and some sleepless nights the last couple of weeks running down parts. Sleepless nights because when I get an idea in my head I have to workout the details and until then it haunts me. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. I didn't take any pics of the clearance issue, but trust me when I tell you it was FUBAR. I had worked all day getting everything together. Very frustrating and I just wanted to tear the rad out and sit down and stare are my dilema.

I knew the overall length of the motor with the serpentine setup was about the same, because it uses the same style water pump although it rotates in the opposite direction.

I did not account for how high the A/C compressor is mounted. The upper neck on the radiator is smack dab in the center of the Compressor.

I've thought about placing the mustang radiator in front of the core support but I think the hose routing will still be iffy. The stock thermostat housing points to the drivers side. I planned to get a swivel neck and point it to the passenger side to use the mustang radiator. That would have worked with the V-Belt setup.

I saw that 99 to Life used a vertical rad with center neck which is a good option if I could get it in a 19 X 22 version and it wasn't too pricey.

Long story short. Have your ducks in a row in the beginning and stick to the plan. I have way too much time and energy and cash involved now to go back to the V-Belt system.

I've spent the last couple hours pouring over build threads and the crossflow 19X22 radiator looks like what I need.

Another issue is that my radiator support is going to have to be replaced, as It was heavily modded to accept the Mustang Rad. Another added expense.

So I guess Im on the hunt for a radiator core support and a radiator. Any input would be appreciated.
Would relocating the spigot in the radiator solve your problem? A radiator shop can do that.
Posted via Mobile Device
tlorber is offline   Reply With Quote