View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #2347
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Glad your trip is going well ,thanks for takig us along .

An absolute pleasure John.

I ride shotgun on many peoples road trips too.

So a few hours in the truck with two old rodders later we arrive at George Poteets Ranch.

No idea how Steve finds places. But the man has an innate ability to memorise routes from a single exposure or simple notes. He proved that a few times while I was with him.

He also has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all sorts of stuff and his list of contacts and real heavy hitters in the industry that he counts as friends scared me. The man is connected and people want to know him. I have known him for many years now and never knew just how impressed I would be.

All the buildings are numbered. Several houses, workshops and all the hangars all with air being circulated constantly.

George has several cars (maybe dozens?) that are on loan to various displays and museums etc. But the cars here were staggering.

My first photo was this one.

Wish I knew the story behind it.

Tom Dulaney, who was one of Georges school teachers is now caretaker on the site and lives in one of the houses.

What a gentleman. Truely. Sharp as a whip too.

Loads of interesting stuff, stock, tools and parts. Much of it NOS.

And then the Million Dollar car.

The Moal built piece of art.

Its an older car and builds are worth millions these days but it has history and many neat touches.

From the small shop we are sent a mile accross the property to find Bobby Madden the resident me hanic who looks after the fleet as well as Hutch who is to be our personal guide at the brand new shop.

The old workshop along with a bunch of cars was destroyed by a Tornado. With cars, four post lifts etc being picked up and thrown about. Some large benches, toolboxes etc were never found but in their place the storm left some transmissions/gearboxes.

Not sure if people have fallen asleep yet or moved on but I need to go shopping now so a further update later for those still onboard.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote