Thread: Slamming the 72
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
The72

Re: Slamming the 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Most won't go that low with coils anymore. May want to look into doing bags, and definitely have to c notch with that kind of drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
5/7 about as low as practical with springs. Gets way more complicated and expensive to go lower IMO.

And staying with 15's and a short tire also a mistake. You can't tuck the front wheels in and it's hard to keep any height to the tire which I think is so important to keeping a good luck to a dropped truck.

Drop it, tuck the wheels, and fill up the wheel well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodnRudy View Post
I used CPP's stuff on my 68, 2 1/2" drop spindles 3" drop springs in front and 5"drop springs with 2"lowering blocks in the rear for a 5 1/2, 7" drop. I also used their C Notch kit. Running 15" Rallys, 8's rear, 6 1/2's front on 275/60's and 225/70's. I purchased CPP's Grand Slam kit which gave me every thing needed for the change over. I'm very happy with the results and don't have a problem with bottoming out or tire rub but you've got to be careful driving. Oh and I used a 71 rear end for the 5 lug bolt pattern.

Thanks guys 5/7 isn't too far from 6/8 I might be able to live with that, til I get the itch to go lower lol

RodnRudy, you mention you have to be careful when driving that low. Is it mostly the front end or the back end that you have to be careful with? I ask because I can live with 5.5 drop in front but I know I might want to squeeze another inch from the back haha. What I might do is get 6" drop coils and get 1" blocks to replace the 2" blocks incase it's too low or I don't like the stance.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.
The72 is offline   Reply With Quote