View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:04 AM   #25
cmabolt

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

[QUOTE=rgunlock;7753040]I'd been thinking to do the cab corner pieces in red, but just not finding a shade I like well enough. May do these in black also. Fender emblems I was thinking of trying to do the original colors. Going to have to figure this one out quick because these emblems need to go on the fender before the fender goes on the truck! Don't actually have the GMC emblem for the grill, so not worried about that yet.

Hey Rick. Paint is looking good. I also like the black.

If you did want a touch of color somewhere in the emblems, see color wheel below. This is a good suggested method for finding a good match for your brown. Your's is a lot lighter than mine so tougher to find a good complimenting color. Black may actually be the best.

Using the color wheel, try one of these 4 things.
1) go with a lighter color in your range. So the lighter colors in the Pumpkin -Peach wedge.
2) Go with the opposite colors in the wheel. So Peacock-Sea blue
3) Use a darker complimenting color to the left or right of pumpkin peach
So Chocolate-sand or burgundy-pink
4) Use black or white

Using the color wheel as a guide
I go to home depot or lowe's and grab a ton of those color chips from the paint department and cut out or tape up on your body color. The right or preferred color should jump off the paint. In your case a brighter color like red, yellow or blue would probably pop a lot and be very visible on the emblems.

For what it's worth.
Good luck!
Chris
Attached Images