View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #2432
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Saturday afternoon late Miss Katy came over to visit.

It had after all been three weeks since we last saw each other.

Our Nomance based on an easy friendship meant that I had made some extra effort by going to the Turkish shop and bakery to buy flat bread, Puck spreading cheese and other treats.

So we could have an easy dinner with no fuss.

The Turkish bread is always a winner.

Katy was happy to see me and she looked lovely.

Harley was very happy.

My left over Dollars were about to be converted to Sterling and stuck back into the mortgage that had become a priority earlier in the year.

My baggage was delivered on Saturday evening just afyer 10pm.
So of course I needed to unpack and get the bits I brought for Katy out for her, including the pink Buck knife that made her laugh.

Sleep continued to evade me as my biological clock was now so screwed up that Saturday night delivered about four hours sleep.

On Sunday we had a reasonable day. Lazy start and walk about then a walk down the Medway river from Upnor.

Thankfully the tide was out but the windy day meant loads of Lazer class sailing boats on tbe river.

Sunday night I got almost no sleep and up at 05.30 on my way to a team meeting in London for the day meant I really suffered to jusy stay awake.

Monday night I turned off all electronic gizmos in the house and slep for 9.5 hours dead. The last time I slept that much, I must have been 10 years old.

From Tuesday it was back to the day job.

Suited up.

Man, I miss my shorts and flip flops.

By Wednesday evening it was late meetings and training again with London at night being my song.

Last photo is a map made up by Elwoody (Michael) in Germany.

Trying to capture all the routes and detours I used is not easy.

So this map is a very basic representation of the 2500 miles I did either with other people or in the Dodge Hemi Challenger that Dennis gave me to use.

I was amazed at the 25.3 mpg that it returned on longer trips like to 400 miles a day I did returning to Missouri.

There are a few small things I still need to complete and record. I will come back to them when I get to it.

Now its back to normal.

Thanks for riding shotgun.

I think there are around 550 photos in this thread. I could be wrong though.

And Yes, unfortunately I have started planning next years trip already. It may include Blues, Bourbon and Beads.

2017 invite has also come from Colorado.
This has to be considdered as I always like Colorado for its nature.

Now relaxxxxxx.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote