View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #2440
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well it seems the road trip keeps on giving.

One of the parcels I posted to South Africa went to a friend Jacques and contained a bunch of license plates and a 1.75m long snake skin for his break away cottage.

He saw that both Donnie Wilson and I like and collect knives.

So he arranged for some Okapi knives to be bought and shipped to him for distribution to various people.

Karma...... did I mention it before?

The last two weeks have been busy in the nomance and personal spaces.

Katy saw her older daughter graduate this week.

Great going for being a single parent for 16 years. Her daughters are certainly headed in the right direction. With the younger just starting at Bournemouth University.

Last weekend she planted the water feature bed with a few plants.

CLICKY LINKY:

My week was a bit rough so Friday night saw two of these being swiftly dispatched. Honey Brandy and Pepsi Max. Pint at a time.

Not sure it fixed anything. But certainly tasted great.

On Tuesday on the way home from London I saw this lot in a skip outside my local station. The South Eastern Railway Hotel pub is being converted into over priced flats. So all the original wood and fittings get ripped out. There certainly were planks with borer beetle too.

Anyway.........

Time for the guessing game.

Why would I skip dive these out of a dusty skip?

Saturday morning the last of Nicolas stuff got collected from garage and loft.I am thankfull I had the sense to do two full carloads earlier this week for her. She has a surprise waiting at her place with all the stuff I took there on Wednesday and Friday nights. NOT MY PROBLEM. I am sure she will search sort it ruthlessly and dump what she does not need.
Saturday morning she was over by 08.15 and I took her into garage loft, thankfully found one more bag I had forgotten the other night. Then room to room and cupboard to cupboard in house to let her pick over stuff again despite us previously "sharing" stuff. Took what she wanted and was hers in kitchen etc. Left a load of lovely white Sunday best crockery behind that mate Martin will take over. Into loft and brought last of her boxes down then let her look as well to make sure she had it all.
Packed her car in rain and she asked me again if I was coming over to help her unload and get stuff in her loft. I said no, (as she has a perfectly capable 6'6" ex military boyfriend) I had already asked Jeremy the cat sitter to help her. Puts that one firmly away. Last step probably now just divorce at some point.
I hope that will be a painlessexperience for both of us.
Then finished up raking back yard in the rain, which was a mess and then showered, packed car and went shopping etc. Then to Katys place overnight. With me cooking us dinner. Its nice to give back to her. She has just been so kind to me since Nicola left and I met her. A really lovely friend.

As Nicola was gone by 10.15 and Katy was not going to be home before 6pm and it was raining......
What better to do then than get the pressure cleaner out the garage and clean up the planks?

Once done I took them into the house to dry again when the heating comes on.

Plan is to try cut two sections from the long piece and one each from the shorter ones. Sand them down a bit but keep all the wear and scars.
Then create a frame from more still to be found scrap wood.

Once this is done the bits of crazy stuff I brought home this year and last year that makes people shake their heads will be mounted on the board and hung inside the house as a reminder of two awesome toad trips.

Crazy??

Yes.

Do I care ??

Watch this space.

Probably not the best position in a post to be looking for a favour.

I am looking for someone who is returning from the USA to the UK as soon as posdible that would be prepared to bring along a parcel of new replacement brake shoes for my truck.

I did not think about it while in the US in October.

Anyone who can help. Please PM me.

In other news..........

Got this in the post this week.

More about it later.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote