Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM   #1185
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Before I cut the passenger side apart I made references to where the lower edge of the outer rocker was in relation to the rear cab corner and also took a measurement from the bottom of the lower door hinge to the same edge in an attempt to make it easy to maintain the lower door body gap.

I have mounted the outer rocker, it needs to be sliced and pie cut yet but it looks like there is quite a gap between the top of the inner rocker and the sill plate where all the spot welds join the two together. I know of course that the door will need to be remounted to finalize fitment.

My question is would it be absolutely imperative that the inner rocker and outer rocker be touching and spot welded in this area along the bottom of the door? I know if its not welded its going to flex if someone stands on it while getting in and out of the truck ect. (Did I just answer my own question??)

NOTE: On the driver side the outer rocker nested to the inner rocker in the sill area before I even pie sliced it for the final weather strip flanges to fit.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 11-16-2016 at 05:48 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote