View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2444
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realvc View Post
Greetings Rian
Glad you had such a fine trip and made it back home all safe and sound.

If your brake shoes are not worn into the metal they might be rebuilt. The bonded style or the riveted style can be relined with new brake pads. There may not be anyone in your area that does this type of work. Clutch rebuilders for big trucks can usually reline brake shoes too. Just a thought.

Back in the day you could buy just the linings and rebuild them yourself if they were the riveted style.

There are several companies that offer ling materials and rebuild brake shoes in the UK. They may be pricey though.
Hallo Vince

Thank you for the advice.

I think my brake shoes are now sorted put.

So it looks like TRUCK TIME is coming back to Grizz Towers very soon.

Tom who is a UKGSER forum member and was working in Roseville, Minneapolis last week for his company, managed to get his driver to take him along to O'Reilly's on the way to work on Friday before racing to the airport as snow was forecast.

Brake shoes as purchased.

Pic sent through by Tom on Friday morning meant that rather than pay $152.00 in the UK for a full set the were costing $48.00 plus about $20.00 for postage.

On Saturday I had a load of stuff to do like dusting, vacuming and cleaning all the windows as I do not have a woman here anymore.

One of the things to happen was that JohnnyBravo "Engineer Extraordinaire" was popping over to pick up the race car pump that my host Dennis had gifted him with.

Update on his thread at last page.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...rm-infestation

Coffee, garage, extended visit was great.

Take a look at the size of the man.

Yes he takes up quite a bit of vertical real estate.

One of the best parts of the visit was that JB had brought me a piece of his home made Biltong (beef jerky)
The point to which it had been dried is exactly where I love mine to be.

Along with that stunning Case knife that Donnie in Arkansas had given me on the road trip.

Unless you know what emotional value a good knife holds for a guy like me, this will mean very little to you.
The knife makes me happy.
A great tool.

Slivers you can shine a light through.

NOMMMM......

One of the other things this weekend was to tidy up the garage and move the truck over a bit.

Katy arrived by 4pm which was a great time to shut shop early.

We were off to have dinner with some good friends and late to bed.

Sunday was still ahead of me.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote