View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Where to mount fuse block 55-59 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post

...don't twist wire conductors, after stripping, before inserting into crimp connector. overlapped wires can cut each other off inside the connector when crimped and make a resistance/heat source
Hmmm, I've never heard of this before but then again i don't know jack about ACTUALLY completely wiring a vehicle other than what i've read....but i've read a LOT about it because i havent yet. Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
....another thing that can be done is to use auto reset circuit breakers that have threaded terminals. they can be placed on a common bus bar set up (they can be bought already set up on a clip on rail with mounting screw holes and a common bus bar) and can work well to supply circuits or a bank of relays. a single, fused, larger guage supply wire powers the bus bar. I have a few pics for reference.....
Pleased post the pictures. I'm curious to see how this would work. Mentally, I'm picturing a bus bar in a house electrical box....on a smaller scale i suppose.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote