View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 03:26 AM   #8
Piomarine

Re: 1955 3100...Is it worth it?

The only thing that makes me nervous about taking on a project like this is the bondo...there is quite a bit of body filler on it particularly on the driver door. The rust doesn't scare me as much as I know there are dozens of products on the market that will make short work of that rust and several of those that are even environmentally friendly. The unknown condition of the bed sides is also of concern. The bed has been sitting on the ground for a long time and I tend to fear the worst. What would all of you consider to be a fair price, and is this something that I should even be considering?

I know that there are better candidates out there for restoration, this one presented itself to me which is the only reason I am asking. My eventual goal would be a solid driver that looks good to boot. I'm not concerned with show quality, just something that will cause people to stop and say nice truck!

Also consider that when the truck was parked 10 years ago, it was running and the motor did spin freehand after some coercion.

I'm OK with work so the ultimate question...YES or NO?
Piomarine is offline   Reply With Quote