View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:46 AM   #489
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

There are a couple of variations of using the '88-'98 LD2500 6 lug rotors that are discussed in this thread. Neither of which will work well without some serious work. While those rotors will physically mount to the spindles, the calipers and pads will not fit without extensive modification. For most people it is just not woirth the time and effort when you can buy the aftermarket 6 lug rotors that fit both the factory '73-'87 spindles as well as most all aftermarket dropped spindles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthamby View Post
Hey guys,

I am interested in this thread, I am only posting this info as a reference point (I don't know if this actually works or not, when I have read this whole thread I will remove any erroneous information), I have not read the whole thread as of yet, however, I will do that soon.

I saw this on a facebook feed that I wanted to tag and research - again I don't know if it is true - yet!

"Just buy the 71-87 disk brake spindles, bearings, calipers, hoses and then get the 6 lug rotors for a 88-98chevy light duty 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive."

Thanks for your patience!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote