View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #497
matthamby

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Hey guys, quick question - may not be the appropriate place but it does have to do with breaks.

I'm thinking of swapping the rear axle out for a more modern Silverado axle with disk breaks, I have examined the attachment of the 70 c-10 axle and I can have brackets made up and I have a professional automotive fabricator available to help me with the set-up. My question is about the wheel mount surface dimensions. Are the later model mount surfaces close to the same as the 70's, I want to stay 6-lug. I need to make sure what I get will be close to what I have width wise, thought I would ask on here to hopefully save walking through a yard and start measuring multiple vehicles till I find what I'm looking for, instead, I could just search for the correct vehicle. I would prefer doing something where I can go to a local parts store to get maintenance parts in-lieu of having to order rotors and pads when it comes time to replace those parts. Plus, the cost for a rear-end is about $150 from a local yard. Any thoughts/ help?
matthamby is offline   Reply With Quote