View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #2499
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So day two started late.

Breakfast in bed.

Of course, it is Paris after all.

Bought some Brioche bread and a large olive Pretzel plus real President butter to have in the room. (We had opted for the non breakfast room booking as we both prefer to forage)

Note the prime quality cutlery.

Then off to Carefour the local supermarket for a 1.5 litre iced tea and some fruit for the day.

And back up the hill to Arc de Triomphe, which looked rather good in the fresh light of day.

The day was also jeans and light hoody warm, so my ski jacket was hooked in behind the backpack and no gloves or woolly hat.

Then around the Arc de Triomphe and down the Champs Elysées where all your big name brands are.

Destination for Katy of course was the "Traditional Christmas market"

First photo opportunity was within 10 minutes of starting down the hill.

CAPTIONS PLEASE: Note the uniform.

Further down the New Peugeot SUV was on display, beautiful looking thing, but the lights inside the showroom did not allow for an decent photo to be taken.

I did however get a shot of this little guy.

Then further down, just before we got to he Christmas market, that has to be almost a mile long, on both sides of the Champs Elysee we opted for coffee and a "rest"

Then we set off again.

And found a little petrol head heaven.

BERTRAND, the very enthusiastic young petrol head, and guide told us all about the various cars and equipment on display on the 7 floors of the building, which also has a restaurant on the top floor and coffee shop out onto the pavement on ground floor.

Bertrand himself own a retro too, an Austin Vandenplas that he found as a barnfind that had been stored for over 10 years.

You will note that every display in the centre is on a lift floor, clearly they get loaded from the ground floor and then lifted like trays to the various floors to be displayed.

Fiat 500

Fiat Multipla

More in a bit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote