View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #39
Couch
Daily Driver

Re: wheres the hidden vin?? Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kqwackey View Post
Hello to all of you .well for starters it bought a 72 c10 from a friend to save the truck and restore it .because I couldn't help the fact my friends dad died .
My problem is the dmv is requiring me to get a chp regulation 31 form done
They can not find a secondary vin to verify the truck .yes the original vin plate is on the cab door sill .no factory sticker on the glove box door and no vin on the top driverside frame rail near gear box .any help ?
This is a cali truck already registered and titled in cali .I'm not trying to change States just trying to re register in cali
theres gotta be a stamped number on top of the frame rail in the engine compartment especially on a 72, usually on the drivers side rail near where the PS pump is from all the ones ive seen. i had to do a vin verification on my 69 , also here in CA like yourself. they found the one on the frame rail as i dont even have the one on the cab jamb anymore and they were ok with that. i think it all depends on the guy doing it. only other one on the frame is under the cab, and you actually have to pull the cab to get to that one

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote