View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #15
ray_mcavoy

Re: What color blue is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailAmelia View Post
Hi,

I'm restoring the bench seat in my 1977 GMC K25 Sierra Classic. I think the photo in your post is very similar to what's left of my truck's interior. Is there a name for this interior, or is the part # the best info?

My spec sheet says
Option #: 25D, Description LDD1 Blue Spec Cust
YE9: Silverado Equipment

Thanks!
I'm not aware of any other name for this interior color other than the GM code 25. The "D" suffix indicates what GM called a "custom cloth" seat fabric. And the "LDD1" is the "seat trim color and ordering code".

You can see all of the colors & upholstery styles available for 1977 in this brochure --> http://brochures.slosh.com/frame.shtml?1977chevy/colors

We had the seat redone at a local upholstery shop. They ordered some original cloth from SMS Auto Fabrics that was a spot-on match as far as the pattern goes. However the color was off ... it had a strange sort of green/turquoise tint as compared to the original blue. So we gave up on trying to find an exact match for the original cloth and just picked out some somewhat similar looking cloth from the upholstery shop's sample books.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote