View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #2573
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

I have quoted Paul Y my partner in crime from today.

[quote author="@pauly" source="/post/2278402/thread" timestamp="1483902809"]Don't know about checking my world, more like doing a stock take on the inside of my eye lids....

Anyway... as I was recovering from a 620mile drive conducted over 12 hours the previous day I was slightly less...buoyant... than normal but feeling pretty damn privaliged to be asked on a Grizz road trip. I mean, come on, there are 105 pages of adventure! so being asked along for a small part was all the reason I needed to drag myself from my pit.

Well that and STATION WAGON.

Rian has pretty much covered Dennis, a really nice chap with very interesting toys. Anyway.. STATION WAGON.

When I first saw the Ark Royal nestling in its dry dock I was pretty much sold on it. A really genuine, honest original car that was wearing the battle scars of the previous 46 years with pride.

The small challenge with the ramp meant that we spend 30 minutes doing our best Magiver getting it back where it should be and also enabled Rian to get his first 'seat time'

Ok so photobucket is being an [img src="http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/11/fox_60.jpg"], will insert photo later

Later

Looks right at home....

Showed around 31k on the clock and I would not be surprised if that was genuine.

All,of the controls, contact surfaces etc looked great, no wear.. the doors closed with a new car clunk plus the door gaps were spot on and no play in the door hinges.

A quick look underneath showed a pretty much prestige undercarriage. A little wear in the steering, but probably an advisory rather than a fail, engine was a little wet but nothing to worry about.

It looks,as if there has been money spent on it -fuel pump, radiator, pads, alternator etc all looked recent.

Engine oil looks fresh and the auto fluid was clear and clean.

Tyres are good. Got it back on the ground and had a play. Everything works! Even the aircon was cold! Radio sounds like you would expect and the CB lit up.

The über cool rear tailgate worked as it should and the power windows went up and down all be it slowly.

Bad bits are the rear floor needs some attention due to the leaking rear window.

It needs window and door seal.

The interior is a bit cracked

There is a few dents and a little rust on the tailgate and lower rear quarters but nothing major.

I would have bought it but I knew Rian was not.

In fact if I had the £5k it would be now sitting in my drive to replace my wife's modern daily. She might be my ex wife but you get the idea....

So, in closing. If you want a wagon. Buy this one. Spend £500 on seals, shocks and steering. Drive, enjoy and then hit with the lowering stick, Astro Supremes or the 17" Honeycombs - bag it, clear coat it and sort out the seats.

Some one needs to buy this. Before I find myself living out of the back of it....

P. [/quote]
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote