View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #25
suburbangeorge

Re: Let's post 60-66 SUBURBAN Only Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
Wow! what a cool looking 4x4 burb, If possible please share some interior photos especially the dash area. Great to see it used as a daily driver for so long too, looking forward to hearing how you make out with the power steering upgrade. Thanks for sharing!
I'll get some other pics up soon. Weather not cooperating right now. Some back history on my truck. Wife and I had been to Baja two years running in an '78 VW Scirocco. 10 gal of H2O, 5 gal can of gas, camping gear, ice chest(lots of beer), food and two Australian Shepherds in a little VW. So I started looking for something more appropriate. Found a '70's Dodge Quadravan(pathfinder) on a lot in San Jose. When I tried to smog it all the emissions equipment was missing. Went back to the dealer. When he returned the truck all the equipment was wired on and it went from 12-14 MPG to about 7. That wouldn't do. Dealers are never allowed to sell a vehicle which has not been smogged. I knew it and so did he. Ended up with a cashier's check for my purchase price plus everything that I had spent on it even gas. At the advice of a local shop I was hunting for a '67-'72 4WD Suburban when I saw this for sale in a gas station in Walnut Creek. Guy wanted $3700. Didn't dicker just told him about the check and asked how to pay. Wish I had pictures of it then. Looked new. By the way I'm in Crockett near Vallejo. We're practically neighbors.
suburbangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote