View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #36
americanmusc1e

Re: Which manual tranny did you choose for your LS swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPsChevy View Post
10) Year of your truck and did you have to modify any sheet metal? low hump cab and SM465 yes! high hump either fits no problem.

11) Level of difficulty from 1-10 (10 being most difficult) SM465 to nv3500 swap is much easier than doing oil pan gasket and rear main seal with the engine in the truck

Also, just your general feeling on how happy (or not) you were with the final outcome and if you would you do it again (or already did). Maybe even some comments on how you use the truck (daily driver or 1/4 mile, etc.). Much appreciated!! I'm never going back to SM465 unless i'm towing a house. I have 3.08 gears right now which makes it even worse.
What did your nv3500 come out of and how did you do your speedometer?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Mines out of a 98? C1500. It's the later model with no clutch fork. It would probably be easier to swap the older ones without the hydraulic TOB, but IMO the clutch pedal is nicer on the new ones.

I'm using a 2012 nexus 7 tablet mounted in place of my factory speedo that uses GPS for speedo and gets the rest of the engine information from my megasquirt fuel injection using this app.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote