View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 05:54 AM   #8
GMCPaul

N2TRUX Sorry I don't make it here every day and to every post as I feel making sure the business runs smoothly comes first, and my recreational browsing of the boards comes 2nd.
There is only one manufacturer of the reproduction trim for the 73 up trucks unlike the 67-72's which have 3 manufacturers.
The manufacturer is Corvex and its definately not of OEM grade in our opinion. The 73-87 trucks are in a transition period on replacement parts. When aftermarket company's first begin producing the parts they are considered in most instances a crash replacement part which means they quite often fall a little short on quality, as they get older more companys develop tooling to replace discontinued parts creating a competition on quality, once the vehicles reach about 30+ or older the aftermarket industry puts more effort into tooling as they are now trying to produce restoration quality parts due to the fact that those doing restorations expect & demand OEM quality for restoration parts unlike crash replacement parts for daily drivers where folks seem more concerned with how cheap is it and will it look decent installed because they aren't seeking perfection in most cases.
The 73-87 have begun to expeirence this change over in body panels currently. The new CAPA certified 73up doors and fenders made of Galvanized steel are a excellent example of this, prior fenders & doors were fair replacements but these are superior replacement panels over even GM NOS I feel now.
N2TRUX if you have any specific questions on any parts quality drop us a email as I can't always be here to read all the posts, in fact I wouldn't have noticed this one if it had not been forwarded to me by email from another board member.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote