View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #40
BaroneDog

Re: Which manual tranny did you choose for your LS swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaroneDog View Post
[QUOTE pressure plate from GM that cost about $300 and it is 0.400 thicker to take up the difference in dimension between LS and BBC. Never fully understanding that dimensional difference was the hardest part of the swap.
davepl, I also have a question about your 6036 reference. If that is the Quicktime RM-6036 you are referring to, my understanding was that bellhousing was shorter to account for the 0.4" crank thickness difference, so you can run a stock LS flywheel.

I thought that you would have a problem if you use a flywheel that is 0.4" thicker AND the RM-6036 bellhousing together. But I have not yet tried it, so clarification of your first-hand experience would be much appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

So what I said above might not be accurate. I just received my 6036 bellhousing and it is only 1/8" shorter than the stock bellhousing (when the plate is included with the 6036). That was NOT what I was expecting. I had called Holley before buying this and they ensured me that the stock LS flywheel would work, however with only 1/8" difference I am having trouble seeing how that might be.

davepl (or anyone else who has used the Quicktime RM-6036) can you confirm what type of flywheel you ended up using? Thanks.
BaroneDog is offline   Reply With Quote