View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #7
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Away from home for four days this week, I was just down the road at Heathrow in the line of Terminal 5's flight path.

Training, followed by more training and planning, strategy and sales talk. Three days of a throbbing headache, too little sleep and too much good food.

Ohhhhh, and I dressed up.

Got home late afternoon, and Harley of course made it known that 4 days of opening her own tins of tuna just was not on.
So she then followed me the rest of the day, garage, house and back.

The cat does make me laugh.

Once I got the laundry started and had a mug of home made tea......

It was time to get down to the shop and get the Berlingo up in the air and the rear wheels off, followed by the brake hubs.

Getting those barsteward Torx screws out of the rear hubs was a nightmare, thankfully Stuart my neighbour two houses down had a decent Torx bit and used my impact driver and a hammer to unseat the very rusted screws that I had repeatedly wetted down with penetrating oil.

Ultimately this was what came to the fore.

Drivers side brake cylinder leaking, badly.

Needs new shoes and brake cylinders.

I will order the brake parts online tonight and collect tomorrow morning when I go collect the bandsaw I got off Facebook marketplace earlier this week, that friend Paul F went and collected and paid for,for me. Thanks mate.

The biggest challenge may be to get the brake lines undone at the backplate to the Brake cylinders, seems it is a know problem too.

While working on the brakes, I also primed and painted two of the signs Darren at Unit Signs made for me.

When I got back the stickers I had ordered for the sides of the car had arrived as well.

And I took the cars new alloys into the house (my house, my rules)

About three years ago, I bought this Lazy Susan table top piece for silly money, brobably £2.00 form a young couple who,had carried it back from a trip to Australia and yet had never used it.

Pretty much the same here........ till this day.

CLICKY LINKY:
Another 10 yard hand painted finish.

Pretty pleased with this outcome too.

Now just need to get the brake lines loose tomorrow, replace the brake parts and reassemble.

Then of course get the wheels and tyres switched around, may only happen next weekend, but looking forward to it. Along with removing the side trim and replacing with the stickers above.

That's it for tonight.

Thanks for checking in.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote