View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 AM   #6
andrewu6

Re: 71 GMC turbo LS build

Didnt make an update last week but got lots done, so lll fill everyone in.

Got the CPP notch installed, bolted in, and welded on the perimeter for peace of mind. Definitely recommend a nice air hammer for the job, makes all those rivets come out with ease. Also took out the rear two crossmembers to mount a fuel cell, thats later in the post though.

After the Notch was finished up, I mounted up a universal 20 gal fuel cell behind the rear axle. I had to trim 2 of the bed cross members as shown in the pictures below. I also removed two crossmembers behind the rear axle. I relocated one to the back of the frame and welded it in place. I mounted the cell on some 2x1, and used all thread through the two crossmembers. I brought the tank all the way up to the bed floor, and cut a hole out of the the tank fill. With the tank all the way up to the bed floor, Ill have plenty of ground clearance even with the 7" drop out back.

Also mounted an AEM 380 LPH fuel pump and inline filter on the frame rail and plumbed the feed and return lines. 1/2" ID lines from tank to pump/filter, -6 braided return line, 3/8" ID supply line from pump to motor.
andrewu6 is offline   Reply With Quote