View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #14
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

5 weeks......

And that includes time away from home etc.....

But 5 weeks and the car is pretty much done.

Tailgate needs some more attention.... soon.

Another night of minimal sleep, thanks to a small chainsaw next to me, that had me leaving and seeking cover elsewhere in the early morning hours, followed by feeding Harley by 05.00 and then a cuppa tea by 05.45..... story of my life.

Chainsaw woke at 08.00 and wanted a cuddle.....

As did this bloody thug.

Anyway, eventually I got to starting on what I have been orchestrating to do for a few weeks.

As you guys mostly know, mate Dennis does all the body and paint work on the 13 NASCAR Racing trucks in Mittler Brothers' team.

When I bought the Berlingo, he offered me a load of team sponsors stickers to create the Berlingo as a support vehicle which meant a reasonably cheap way to a lot of fun.

Of course the VTR alloys I had bought were part of the plan from day one, as they actually look like a set of truck wheels in black. The red line adds to this look.

The box of stickers and other gifts landed less than two weeks after I had bought Prozac.

Some of it had to be kept out of sight and a bit secret. So this was the pile of stickers that landed.

Dennis had also asked me for the dimensions of the drivers door on the car.
He then had his signwriting company make me up a set of custom door numbers appropriate in size to the door.

The number 63 is one of Mittler Bros' race numbers, but also my year of birth.......

Perfect.

So today Katy and I worked together to get the car done.

Some of the planning and actions I had to do alone but having the wind still hammering through here, past the house, meant her extra hands and eyes helped a lot.

Once I had laid the checkers, I overlaid the numbers.
Due to the checkers being only 2.0 meters long, but me needing another 200mm of checkers, meant that I needed to harvest some of the blocks from under the numbers where they would not be missed.

Numbers going down over the checkers..... Katy making the difference.

Both sides done........

At this point I was really chuckling a lot.

I was loving the outcomes and where it was headed.

So this is where we stopped and had a coffee break, also had cake, not one but two cakes that Katy had baked.
Victoria Sponge, which I love and Teacake that I had never had before I met this girl.....
Very yummy cake too.

After lunch we were back to part two.

Trust it is not yet Marmite for most.

There is still time.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote