View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #9
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So once the existing shed was moved, the next job was to level out and clean up and place some of Kevin's old pavers on a very thin layer of sand..

There will also still be strips of wood under it when done, just to keep the floor as dry as possible.

Then of course I had to dismantle the existing garden after 6 years of carting stuff like stones, logs, ornaments and other plants in there.

Pile of rocks, to be redistributed later.

Measure and peg out the basic line where I wanted to get to with the new shed.

Using all sorts of rubble to create a dry wall behind which all the solid dug out will go.

Most nights after work I would get an hour or two in to dig a bit or move stuff about as I get home around 5-6pm if traffic and trains work well. So little by little it moved ahead.

One evening I had to pop in at my GP to collect my yearly antihistamine prescription.......

And had another Hallelujah moment.

In the garden of the practice was a large skip.

Yes, I cannot resist a skip.

And in the skip.......... MONEY !!!!!

Seriously, cash is all around if you keep your eyes open.

I saw this used garden gate.

Went inside and asked about it, before getting to my pills.

Of course you can have it if you want it.

Went home, fetched the Prozac Berlingo and also did a Google search to find the following.

£165.00 for the gate, excluding delivery or hardware. Online was free delivery. But regardless, not everyone would have that luxury.

Gate in the back, flat on the floor and tailgate strapped to it with some electric cord from the skip..... happy days.

Crazy Crazy world.

Free Money.

Who would say no to free cash??

I don't care how arrogant or up your own wallet you are, but if I tossed £165.00 on the floor in front of you, and said "Pick it up, it's yours" and you could go out to some pretentious restaurant and spend it on an overpriced meal, you probably would.

To me, these freebies translate into a new truer on my bike, a replacement circular saw etc.

So bit by bit the other parts of the garden where I had removed dead growth started to get filled with the soil dug out on the new site.
Carried there load by load.

More later, time for work now.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote