View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 02:46 AM   #23
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
The yard/shed project is moving along very nicely Rian. Yeah, every so often we need to break out and do what the lady wants. Our chores will ALWAYS be there.
Some stuff just needs to be done.

Working solo unfortunately means progress is a bit slower.

Summer is here.

I may have mentioned it.

But that does not stop the rain from waiting to exactly the time you need to work to start opening up.

My one neighbour has a Toyota van that I have a spare set of keys to and 24/7 access and use to, as long as the diesel levels stay the same. Pretty good deal ehhh??

Anyways, last week I managed to get a day that was convenient for Andy who I bought Prozacs wheels from to pop over after work in the evening, but the Toyota was unavailable, plus the wood I was collecting for the shed build mostly was 2.4 meter lengths, so Toyota would not work.
So Stuart said take the Citroen van, long wheelbase, high roof......

Of course on the way there it started to rain, escalating while we were loading.

What a great van to drive, it really shunts.

Photos need to be taken.

Andy thankfully helped, so it went quite fast.

I suspect he was happy for the wood to leave his property after languishing in a corner for years.
He had planned on building a shed from these recycled 1 inch planks, but he ended up buying a large built shed and having it installed as workshop.

Loaded.

Deceptively large interior on the van, and full 8 foot plus flooor.

Headed home and was back home by 7pm

Reversed down my drive, mirrors tucked in and actually had to weave the van around the concrete fence posts as it would not go straight through.

Down to the bottom of the garden to unload and create even more of a hoard pile.

Unpacking on my own, the keen of eye amongst you will see if you look carefully....... Imhad a helper. Can you see her yet?

Yup...... HARLEY.

Some more of the loose planks on the other side, and the upright posts were some of what Kevin had brought over at Easter.

And of course the pile of stuff behind it, part of the reason I am building this shed.

The £40.00 caravan/shed also filled with "stuff"

I do pity the person who has to sort out my estate.

Once unloaded I really did worry about getting the van out again, it was a very tight fit coming in, and getting out is more difficult in my book.

Remembered to stop and take a pic of the gap.

The Citroen is certainly wider than the Sprinter vans I have reversed down there, and the car trailer and Teardrop previously.

Still, made it out and returned the van to Stuart.

Cost formdiese, well what I put in for the 30 mile trip was £30.00 so wood still a bargain, and Andy threw in some left over roofing felt, you know, to cover that last 18 inches you do not want to go buy a whole new roll for.

Photo is slightly confusing, but you can see the gap down the side of the van.

Other than the short pieces, these planks are attached to each other in 3 or 4 plank strips with pallet nails, hit in from both sides at angles, so not fun to dismantle.

When unpacked I thought I would just measure up and mock up the roof frame to see what I had to work with.

Of course the tools came out and I ended up adding a bit more to the frame.

More later on further progress.

It's also weekend...... well, after work today.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote