View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #37
AirSpeed

Re: 350 crate engine intake and carb possible for $3,000?

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Got the new engine installed in the 69 C10 I gave my daughter. She ended up buying a 260 hp 350 from Pace Performance, it came with an Edelbrock intake, Holly Carb, distributor, plugs and wires all installed. Even came with the oil and break in oil in the pan. They even primed it. Also came with a mini starter and flex plate. We put on a dual exhaust and a pair of flowmaster 40's. She spent two days scrubbing 48 years of goo out of the engine bay then used a Scotchbrite pad to rough up the surfaces. I painted the engine bay then dropped the engine in. We picked up the wrong fan, ended up being a reverse rotation so disregard the fan in the pics! That sucker runs great! Tons of power and it does great burnouts! She's getting new tires and rims do once we got the engine broke in we burned off some tread! We also picked up a power disc brake kit to replace the manual drum brakes up front. Haven't got that installed yet. I put in some three point belts since it came without want my grandkids safe when they cruise with their mom! Once we finish all the mechanicals I'm going to repaint the body. It's been a fun project. Even made her a sign to hang in her garage so it's an official service center! I'll post some video of her first drive once it finishes uploading to Photobucket. It sounds really good!
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote