View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #2753
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Shed building aside, Prozac seems to continue to earn its keep.

Managed to return a roll of roofing felt early on Saturday morning dropping the sheds cost by £21.00 again.

Then off to Katy's place for the rest of the weekend to do some house work.

I have yet to add up the costs of the overflow shed but suspect it may still end up under £150.00 which is a bit of a bargain for a space designed to get me some space and back on track with restoring the C10 truck.

Speaking of C10 trucks, my friend NevEno (Paul) in Oklahoma found this amusement park coin in the truck he is restoring, under the carpet.

I did a load of shed painting at Katy's place over the weekend and a few other little jobs.

Then back home tonight I carried on with a few little jobs just before dark.

At Katy's place she has two sheds, one is a great outside utility room, used for tumble drier, freezer and storage space aas well as ironing room space. Small but perfect.
Except it had never had a coat of paint or wood preserver since being put up.
So it's bugged me since day one.
Last weekend I made her choose some wood preserver...... colour selected against my advice.

Turned out to be a bit David Dickerson (very fake orange suntan)

So a trip back to the hardware store (Wickes) and paid more than double what I paid for a 5 litre last weekend and get some brown, maybe an improvement?

My arms have been giving me hell the last few weeks, tendinitis and who knows what else goes on inside, but certainly not working as they should.

But today I gave the utility room shed a second coat and started on her garden shed and finished that as well. We also removed all the shed windows (plastic) and covered them in some application type film.

Second Shed needed attention too.

Finished.

Came home around 7pm and unpacked, fed Harley and gave her some attention, then back to the garage.

Made a finial for the new shed as Ronnie the one lodger insisted it needed one.

Gecko is a nod to my late mum, gone 20 years, but still makes me smile.

Facia done.

Next up, shelves and get it all full of excess stuff.

Back to work in the morning, weekend over.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote